- Ayona Anderson consulted with OCG+ to develop the communications strategy for the Texas Christian University (TCU) Race & Reconciliation Initiative. This project was part of more than 60 universities worldwide in the “Universities Studying Slavery Consortium.” The goal was for our comms work and the launch of the final report to help heal the TCU community.
- Created a comprehensive traditional media communication plan.
- Provided strategic counsel around internal and external communications.
- Navigated the internal conversation, bringing the campus, students, faculty, and key stakeholders together around this initiative.
- Drove the narrative around this controversial program, engaging with local media outlets and external community leaders to ensure that the narrative was aligned with TCU’s intent.
- Over 300 participants attended the three RRI Town Halls.
- Launched the new podcast “Reconcile This!” with RRI Chair Frederick Gooding Jr., Ph.D., and Graduate Research Assistant Marcellis Perkins who interview guests “doing the work” of reconciliation.
- Garnered 4 media hits and 3 social posts in the mainstream (print+TV) and multicultural media outlets: KERA-FM; Fort Worth Star Telegram; Fort Worth Business; Dallas Morning News; FOX-4 News, etc.