Public Awareness Campaign
- Before starting EJP in 2016, Ayona Anderson served as ExxonMobil’s first-ever Social Media Advisor, working under ExxonMobil Digital Media Manager Shannon Hampton. Since this was a contractor position, Ayona also served as an Account Supervisor for Cohn & Wolfe despite working 100% from the ExxonMobil Las Colinas HQ.
- Community manager for all of the ExxonMobil corporate social media channels. Including three Twitter accounts, the LinkedIn company page, YouTube, and Vine.
- Developed and enforced the channel strategies, content calendar, analytics insights, KPIs, budgets, and internal cross-functional social media infrastructure.
- Managed the online issues management and responses for the opposition-led #ExxonKnew digital campaign (social and website) and ensured ExxonMobil could share its story.
- Ayona worked with many partners (API, Shell, Chevron, BP, Energy Now, and others) for public and government affairs, social engagements, partner content cross-promotion, etc.
- Completed social media audit integrated digital marketing briefs that leverage social, SEO, paid search, and digital ads.
- Executed crisis and emergency response, social media monitoring response, and insights.
- Coordinated social media elements for the award-winning campaign ‘Be An Engineer’ and other global brand campaigns like ‘Energy Lives Here.’
- Managed the internal social media infrastructure, compliance reviews, and channel approvals worldwide, including Twitter in Malaysia, WeChat in Beijing, ExxonMobil Careers Facebook, and more.
- Increased ExxonMobil’s online following by more than 400,000 across six social media channels.
- New social media guidelines implemented company-wide, paving the way for 10+ new company social channels.
- Aided in historic and award-winning results across all ExxonMobil corporate social media channels and within marketing campaigns, e.g., winning the 2015 Bulldog Reporter Silver CSR Award for the “Be An Engineer” initiative.